Direct Support Provider - Adult Day Program
Lauren’s Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in the East Valley in an all-inclusive pediatric therapy center, adult day treatment center, and private school. We are currently looking for Direct Support Provider in our Adult Day Program (DTA) that support our mission and vision to treat our clients with love and respect and treat each client as a whole.
At L.I.F.E. we believe that by making every moment a teachable moment we can address each client’s individual needs throughout the day. Through a variety of activities and our warm, supportive environment we encourage and continue development in the areas that will allow our clients to be as independent as possible.
Our Adult Day Program (DTA) includes:
- Indoor Exercise/Stretching
- Cooking Activities
- Individual Goals
- Vocational Skill Development
- Morning or Afternoon Walks
- Music Group
- Arts and Crafts
- Individual Therapy
- Community Outings
The Direct Support Provider (DSP) is responsible for implementing a variety of interventions designed to maximize the functioning of adults with developmental disabilities within a structured program. Services may include but are not limited to: habilitative therapies, special developmental skills, behavior intervention and sensory-motor development.
- must be able to actively participate with the consumer(s) in a variety of activities and throughout their daily schedule.
- will take data on appropriate programming and will take daily notes on behaviors and activities.
- will follow all procedures and policies for paperwork and mandatory reporting.
- must be able to work as part of a team and must be willing to take directions, feedback, suggestions and constructive criticisms from team, therapists and direct supervisor.
- must be self-motivated, possess high energy, and good moral character.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and be aware of surroundings. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; run; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to push items of 50 pounds; such as pushing adults in a wheelchair or moving/rearranging furniture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Full-time available. Mon - Fri, hours may vary from 8am-6pm.
Pay: $11.50 to $13/hour
Rate based upon experience.
Job Status: Full Time