In-Home Care and Community Direct Support Providers
Are you looking to help a child or adult reach their fullest potential? Do you need a flexible part-time or full-time position? Are you a compassionate individual searching for a way to make a difference?
Fun-loving, hardworking, compassionate people with a sincere heart for helping people with disabilities and their families should consider a position in our Community Department as a Direct Support Professional at Lauren’s Institute For Education.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our team approach, combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff to provide the best possible treatments for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the positive impact they have on those they serve.
RATE: $15.75-$19.75 per hour dependent on service, experience and education
As a Direct Support Professional working with consumers in our Community Department, you can expect a typical day to include:
- Helping consumers with fun activities that address their goals (e.g. games to work on turn taking, going on walks for fitness, gardening, swimming).
- Documenting progress to share with families.
- Working individually to ensure a safe, fun environment for those we serve.
- Spending time in the community to go to the movies or go shopping.
L.I.F.E. provides a robust benefits package, including:
- 1 week of PTO - Following 90-day introductory period
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program
- Professional Growth Plans
- Performance and longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center and private school.
Skills / Requirements
- Ability to operate mobile device to utilize DDD's Electronic Visit Verification.
Must have, or be willing to obtain:
- CPR, First Aid, and AED
- Article 9
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
Direct Support Professionals typically provide support to a family multiple days a week, including weekends, between 3-5 hours per shift. Services are most frequently provided between the hours of 3pm and 7pm.
Pay: $15.75 to $19.75/hour
Dependent on service, experience and education
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time