Manager-Day Treatment Adult (DTA)
At Lauren's Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) we work towards “Improving quality of life for people affected by developmental disabilities through specialized, caring and affordable services.” L.I.F.E. is dedicated to serving children and adults with Autism, Intellectual-Developmental Disabilities, and Neurological Disabilities through our diverse departments. We are looking for a Full-Time DTA (Day Treatment for Adults) Manager who is committed to the value of helping through compassion, integrity, and respect.
This role is responsible for implementing and observing a variety of interventions designed to maximize the functioning of the consumer within the structured program. Services may include but are not limited to: habilitative therapies, special developmental skills, behavior intervention and sensory-motor development. The position is responsible for the success and well-being of the program and advocates on behalf of staff and consumers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support and encourage individuals to increase their ability to be as independent as possible.
- Collaborate with the Case Manager to develop and facilitate programs which meet the social, emotional, physical and personal needs of the individual.
- Develop objectives and strategies and ensure proper programming is in place and reported to DDD for all consumers.
- Documenting information while ensuring all reporting requirements are being met in a timely manner as it pertains to contractual obligations with DDD.
- Assist in building a support network between the individual and the community while establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships.
- Training and staff development.
- Making decisions and solving problems.
- Communicating the needs of the DTA and its individuals to management with regards to supplies and or other needs.
- Thinking creatively
- Monitoring attendance and ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and comply with DDD and OLCR.
- Complete fidelities and performance reviews for DTA staff.
- Assist in hire process and team selection by conducting initial interviews and hands on observations.
- Complete Level 1 Incident Reports.
- Ensure all team members are complying with the overall mission, vision and goals of the organization.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and similar systems
- Strong communication
- 3+ years’ experience with children and adults with disabilities
- Supervisor/Manager experience preferred
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Effective Decision and Judgment skills
- Willing to learn and take feedback
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts for both medical and dependent care
- Life Insurance
- 401K plans
- Paid Time Off-Up to 3 Weeks
- Paid closures over Spring, Fall and Winter Breaks as well an major Holidays
- Paid Training
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume and cover letter to: Margaret Travillion, Co-Founder and CEO, Margaret.Travillion@Laurensaz.org
Job Status: Full Time