Academy Support Behavior Technician/RBT
L.I.F.E.’s BPS department is seeking self-motivated, creative and hardworking individuals, to provide 1:1 ABA therapy to children with autism spectrum disorders in the home, community, and school environments. People who are passionate about encouraging children to reach their fullest potential by utilizing the principles of applied behavior analysis to meet teaching objectives, should consider a position in L.I.F.E.’s Academy department as an Academy Support Behavior Technician/RBT.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our transdisciplinary approach, to best serve the needs of each client. By combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff, we are able to provide the best possible treatments and education for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the impact they have on those they serve.
As an Academy Support Behavior Technician/RBT working with our clients, you can expect a typical day to include:
- Assisting the IM in collecting data and ensuring fidelity of implementation of Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Inputting data into an excel graph.
- Participating in on-going training for the department.
- Taking calls to support high intensity problem behaviors on campus in order to maintain safety.
- Conducting ongoing observations in the classrooms.
- Assisting the IM in completing skills assessments on incoming students
- Working some direct hours with individuals receiving support
- Collaborate with other BCBAs and all campus leadership teams
Physical demands may include:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling
- Assist with lifting, holding or positioning students with disabilities (including physical, behavioral, learning, etc.)
- Sitting or stooping on the floor for extended periods of time
- Standing or bending over repeatedly throughout the day
- Must work well in noisy and crowded environments
Unlike other ABA facilities, L.I.F.E.’s BPS team collaborates with specialty therapists and our academy teachers to enhance the treatment of each client we serve.
L.I.F.E. provides a robust benefits package, including:
- 9 Paid Holidays - Following 90-day introductory period.
- 2 Weeks of PTO - Following 90-day introductory period.
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks – Paid after 3 years.
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Professional Growth Plans including RBT/BCBA supervision and paid trainings.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Appreciation Activities
- As a non-profit 501c-3, LIFE will allow you to qualify for the Student Loan Forgiveness.
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving people with disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center.
Skills / Requirements
- Experience and knowledge of Autism and/or other developmental disabilities recommended but not required.
- This position offers an excellent opportunity for career development, comprehensive training in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), and highly supervised experience.
- Work under the direction of a BCBA and receive ongoing training and supervision.
- Effective and professional communication
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality at all times
- Critical thinking skills and problem solving
- Strong computer skills
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality
- Experience training staff in behavioral principles and procedures
- Bachelors Degree (Preferred but not required)
- Must have a current RBT Certification
- CPR / First Aid / Article 9 / Fingerprint Clearance Card (or ability to obtain certifications)
- Prevention and Support/Client Intervention Training (or ability to obtain)
- Schedules vary by clients and needs; must have a flexible schedule to meet the support needs of the family and client.
Pay: from $16.50/hour
Commensurate with experience
Job Status: Full Time