Adaptive Activities Facilitator
Do you love working with children and in collaborative teams? Do you have skills in adapting activities for different abilities and ages? Do you have a drive to learn new things and continually improve your skill set? Are you looking for a job where you can be creative in many different ways, and make a difference in people’s lives?
If you answered yes to these questions, then please consider applying to be our Adaptive Activities Facilitator at Lauren’s Institute For Education.
As our Adaptive Activities Facilitator, you will predominantly provide adaptive physical education and art classes to L.I.F.E. Academy classrooms during the academic year. You will also facilitate other programs that promote health and recreational opportunities for L.I.F.E. consumers and staff. This is a 10-month academic year (August-May) position with potential for annual renewal.
As an Adaptive Activities Facilitator, you can expect a typical week to include:
- Leading physical education classes for classrooms with students of varying ages and with different support needs
- Leading art classes for classrooms with students of varying ages and with different support needs
- Training staff how to engage students in appropriate leisure activities at recess.
- Collaborating with team members to improve instruction for each unique classroom/student.
- Communicating about and promoting programs with families and staff (e.g., social media)
- Creating lesson plans
- Coordinating Special Olympics programs (e.g., swim team)
- Coordinating annual events like Run, Walk, and Roll Fundraiser and staff wellness program.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our team approach. By combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff, we are able to provide the best possible treatments and education for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the impact they have on those they serve.
L.I.F.E. provides a robust benefits package, including:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks of PTO (3 Weeks after 3 years)
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks (paid after 3 years)
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Performance and longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation activities
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving people with disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center.
Skills / Requirements
- CPR/First Aid/Article 9/Fingerprint Clearance
- Adaptive Activities Facilitator must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, often needs to model physical activities and move equipment throughout the day, needs to swim to facilitate aquatic activities.
- Individuals with a background in recreational therapy, adapted physical education, adaptive arts, or special education, are especially encouraged to apply but the position is open to anyone that meets the qualifications.
- Passionate about working with people with disabilities.
- Strong skill set in adapting a range of different activities including physical education and art for various abilities and ages.
- Growth mindset and drive to learn and improve skills and programs.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work in multiple collaborative teams.
- Strong ability to communicate about and promote programs (e.g., newsletter, social media).
- Strong organizational skills.
After first interviews top selected candidates will be asked to participate in a demonstrative/experiential interview.
Please include a cover letter with your resume.
Pay: $20 to $30/hour
Commensurate with experience
Job Status: Full Time