Community Services Supervisor
Lauren’s Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in the East Valley in an all-inclusive private school, pediatric therapy center, and day treatment center. We are currently looking for a Community Services Supervisor in our Community Program that will support our mission and vision of “improving quality of life for people affected by developmental disabilities through specialized, caring and affordable services.”
The Community Services Supervisor oversees, organizes, and coordinates support for differently-abled individuals within the Home and Community while maintaining procedures and policies for the services provided. These services include:
- Habilitation - development of skills
- Respite - offering a break to parents or guardians with care from a specialized provider
- Attendant Care - providing services based on the specific needs of the child or adult.
In addition to maintaining these services, the Community Services Supervisor oversees the Direct Support Professionals in delivering these programs in accordance with State mandates, while encouraging professional growth and providing training.
We are looking for an individual with strong communication skills and ability to manage multiple projects and consumers at a time. If you are an individual who feels you can provide these skills and be part of an organization working towards our mission, as well as work in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
L.I.F.E.’s Community Services Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing the needs and services of the Community Providers and Community Consumers. This role will manage the daily operations of the Community Program with communication and coordination with the Community Program Director.
Specific role responsibilities include:
- Interview and hire Direct Support Providers (DSPs) for Community Services
- Pair Community Providers with families/individuals seeking services through maintenance of appropriate software and applications
- Efficiently supervise a team of 175-200 billing providers at any given time
- Manage a caseload of 200-225 active families at any given time
- Coordinate the onboarding of Community Families/Consumers
- Coordinate training for all Community Providers through partnership with Program Director
- Oversee reporting of Community Providers billable hours
- Ensure proper billing and reporting requirements are being adhered to through partnership with Back Office Administratives
- Complete Level 1 Incident Reports as needed
- Develop programs as needed to meet needs of families and individuals served
- Conduct Quarterly Attendant Care Visits for ATC clients and attend annual ISP meetings with all Community Consumers when requested
- Write habilitation goals for Community Consumers based upon ISP
- Maintain Community Provider employee files
- Oversee and facilitate Respite Program and supervision of leads
- Supervise all Community Providers while promoting professional growth
- Act as Community Consumer advocate as needed
- Communicate with Community Families and Providers to ensure needs are being met and satisfied with services
- Strong ability to manage time well and work multiple projects at one time
- Adhere to all policies and procedures and ensures all DSPs comply with L.I.F.E.’s overall mission, vision, and goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned
An ideal candidate for L.I.F.E.’s Community Services Supervisor will demonstrate the following and/or have experience with:
- Strong problem-solving and project management skills – highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Must be goal oriented
- Have an understanding of recruitment of staff
- Must be able to rely on support from multiple departments to effectively complete required tasks
- Experience leading, planning, and managing in consumer-oriented setting
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and take initiative
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Has strong work ethic and commits to doing whatever it takes to meet the needs of Community Providers and Community Consumers and promote growth
- Experience and knowledge of Department of Developmental Disabilities (DDD’s) services
Compensation and Schedule
Compensation for this position is commensurate with experience and includes a comprehensive benefits package. Bonus structure available for this position.
This is a Full-Time position. Potential schedule: 8am – 4pm (or similar) office hours, Monday through Friday. During billing cycles and payroll, flexible hours may be required (outside of normal office hours). This is a salaried based position.
There is opportunity for professional growth with the growth and development of the department.
Please visit our job board at https://jobs.laurensinstitute.org/ to complete an online application and submit your resume.
This recruitment is open until the position is filled or a sufficient number of applications have been reviewed to establish a qualified candidate pool.
First review of applications will occur on September 28, 2018.
Job Status: Full Time