Lauren’s Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in the East Valley in an all-inclusive pediatric therapy center, day treatment center, and private school. We are currently looking for a Daycare Provider to care for the children in our daycare classroom on campus.
The Daycare Provider is responsible for the following:
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities
- Keep record on individual children, including daily observations and information about activities, meals served, and medications administered
- Instruct children in health and personal habits such as eating, resting, and toilet habits
- Read to children, and teach simple painting, drawing, handcrafts, and songs
- Organize and participate in recreational activities, such as games
- Assist in preparing food for children and serve meals and refreshments
- Regulate rest periods, as needed
- Organize and store toys and materials to ensure order in activity areas
- Sterilize bottles and prepare formulas
- Dress children and change diapers
- Keep environment clean and safe
- Sanitize toys and play equipment
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Perform all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed by the Lead Daycare Instructor
An ideal candidate for L.I.F.E.’s Daycare Provider will have:
- Current CPR and First Aid certification, or the ability to obtain upon hire
- Current Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card, or the ability to obtain upon hire
- At least one-year experience working with children, infants, and toddlers preferred, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and be aware of surroundings. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; run; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to push items of 50 pounds; such as pushing children on a bike or moving/rearranging furniture. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision.
Pay: from $10.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time