Direct Support Professional DTA
Fun-loving, hardworking, compassionate people with a sincere heart for helping people with disabilities and their families should consider a position in our Day Treatment Program as a Direct Support Professional in our Adult Day Program (DTA) at Lauren’s Institute For Education.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our team approach, combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff to provide the best possible treatments for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the positive impact they have on those they serve.
RATE: $16.00 to $18.00 per hour DOE,
$500 Sign on Bonus, 25% at 3 months, 25% at 6 months, and 50% at one year
HOURS: 40 Per week, Monday through Friday
As a Direct Support Professional working with our adults in our Adult Day Treatment Program, you can expect a typical day to include:
- Helping consumers with fun activities that address their goals (e.g. games to work on turn taking, going on walks for fitness, gardening, swimming).
- Documenting progress to share with families.
- Working as part of a team to ensure a safe, fun environment for those we serve.
- Field trips.
- Guaranteed schedule, wont be sent home for low consumer attendance
Position Specific Benefits:
- Feel good every day helping others develop independence
- Unlike other day programs we guarantee 40hrs/wk regardless of consumer attendance! We don’t send you home if we have low attendance.
- Off-site community experiences (e.g., movies, store, museums)
- Frequent free team lunches
- Paid admin and professional development time
- Monthly professional development (e.g., trainings, team building)
- Raises twice a year based on performance
- Professional growth plans- move up in levels and to lead position
- We rotate consumers so you get to know everyone and it provides a change in pace
- Small groups
- We have numerous programming environments: Pool, sports court, garden, young adult recreation room, sensory gym, kitchen, game room, social room, laundry room...
- Opportunity to work in the community during campus closures (if desired)
- Access to multiple technology mediums
- Multiple budgets for programming supplies, office supplies, consumer needs
- Communication technology provided (e.g., communication app, staff portal)
- $500 SIGN ON BONUS
Global LIFE Benefits: (center-based)
- Be part of a team with an important mission to help people with disabilities
- 12 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of Paid Time Off (3 weeks after completion of 2 years)
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks (paid after completion of 3 years)
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program (stay healthy, earn rewards, discounts on insurance premiums)
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Performance and attendance bonuses
- Annual longevity bonuses based on organization profitability
- Employee Assistance Program (free counseling and other assistance)
- Professional development opportunities
- Inhouse trainings
- Discounts on degrees through partnership with Capella University
- Learn from different disciplines
- As a non-profit 501c-3, LIFE may qualify you for student loan forgiveness.
- Employee appreciation
- Birthday gift, monthly cupcakes for all staff
- Employment anniversary recognition every year, special gifts at 1, 3, 5, 10 and 15 years
- Employee of the month for each department. Recognition, gift, personalized parking space for the month
- All staff celebrations (close center, fun staff social activities)
- Monday football treats for all staff
- Free work shirts including a special department spirit shirt
- Beautiful 10-acre facility with multiple specialty environments
- Departmental budgets used to buy what staff want (e.g., food, ET, supplies)
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center and private school.
Ability to obtain (or already have)
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- CPR and First Aid
- Article 9
- Prevention and Support
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be 18 years of age or older.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS
Pay: $16 to $18/hour
Commensurate with experience
Job Status: Full Time