Direct Support Provider - Adult Day Program (DTA)
Lauren’s Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in the East Valley in an all-inclusive pediatric therapy center, day treatment center, and private school. We are currently looking for Direct Support Professional - Adult Day Program (DTA) that supports our mission and vision to treat our clients with love and respect and treat each client as a whole.
If you are a fun-loving, hard-working, compassionate person and are passionate about working with clients with disabilities, we would like to meet you! We are currently interviewing candidates for full-time positions in all levels of experience.
The Direct Support Provider - Adult Day Program (DTA):
- The DSP is responsible for implementing a variety of interventions designed to maximize the functioning of the consumer within the structured program. Services may include but are not limited to: habilitative therapies, special developmental skills, behavior intervention and sensory-motor development.
- The DSP must be able to actively participate with the consumer(s) in a variety of activities and throughout their daily schedule including, but not limited to, providing transportation.
- The DSP will take data on appropriate programming and will take daily notes on behaviors and activities.
- The DSP will follow all procedures and policies for paperwork and mandatory reporting.
- The DSP must be able to work as part of a team and must be willing to take directions, feedback, suggestions and constructive criticisms from team, therapists and direct supervisor.
- The DSP must be self-motivated, possess high energy, and good moral character
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed by the clinical directors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; run; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to push items of 50 lbs. Such as pushing children on a bike or moving/rearranging furniture.
At L.I.F.E. we pride ourselves on our robust benefits package:
- 7 Paid Holidays - Following 90-day introductory period
- 2 weeks of PTO - Following 90-day introductory period
- Spring | Summer | Winter breaks – Unpaid for first 3 years
- Health | Vision | Dental
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Professional Growth Plans
- Some experience with adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Ability to obtain (or already have) certificates in CPR/First Aid/Article 9/Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
Full-time available: 8am – 4pm Monday through Friday.
$12.50 to $13.75 Depending on Experience
Pay: $12.50 to $13.75/hour
Depending on experience.
Job Status: Full Time