In-Home Care and Community Direct Support Providers
Are you looking to help a child or adult reach their fullest potential? Do you need a flexible part-time or full-time position? Are you a compassionate individual searching for a way to make a difference?
At Lauren's Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) we work towards “Improving quality of life for people affected by developmental disabilities through specialized, caring and affordable services.” L.I.F.E. is dedicated to serving children and adults with Autism, Intellectual-Developmental Disabilities, and Neurological Disabilities through our diverse departments. We are looking for individuals who are committed to the value of helping through our community with compassion, integrity, and respect.
Direct Support Professional - Habilitation / Respite / Attendant Care
Direct Support Professionals are dependable, flexible, and innovative individuals who help children and young adults be successful in their home and out in the community. They are hired to work one-on-one with a child or adult with developmental disabilities to support their success. Community services include Habilitation, development of skills; Respite, offering a break to parents or guardians with care from a specialized provider; and Attendant Care, providing services based on the specific needs of the child or adult.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To help their consumers acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to be a valued member of his/her community, based on his/her own choices.
- To provide opportunities for the consumer to learn self-help, socialization, and adaptive skills.
- To assist their consumer's in achieving and maintaining a quality of life that promotes their family's vision of the future.
- Direct Support Professionals typically provide support to a family multiple days a week between 3-5 hours per shift. Services are most frequently provided between the hours of 3 and 7 pm as well as weekends.
- The DSP must be able to operate his/her mobile phone/electronic device to utilize DDD’s Electronic Visit Verification application or other applications that DDD may require in the future. Employee must have basic computer skills and be willing and able to learn basic new computer skills as the need arises.
Qualifications and Skills
- Willing to learn
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and similar systems
- 18 years or older
Benefits and Perks
- $12.50-$16.50/hr DOE
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off-Up to 40 hours, even for Part-Time Employees
- Paid Trainings
- Self-Directed Raise Incentive Programs available
- Professional Growth Opportunities
Must have or be willing to quickly obtain current certificates or cards in;
*CPR-Infant, Child and Adult with AED
*Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Pay: $12.50 to $16.50/hour
Hourly rate is commensurate on experience and service provided.
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal,On Call