Lead Teacher - Special Education classroom
Fun-loving, hardworking, compassionate people with a sincere heart for helping people with disabilities and their families should consider a position in our L.I.F.E. Academy as a Lead Teacher at Lauren’s Institute For Education.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our team approach. By combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff, we are able to provide the best possible treatments and education for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the impact they have on those they serve.
RATE: $32,000 - $57,000 annually
Posting Date: 9/17/2021
As a Lead Teacher working with our students, you can expect a typical day to include:
- Leading instruction in academic subjects using a variety of techniques.
- Using special education strategies to aid in the development of your students’ skills and abilities.
- Establishing clear objectives for your lessons, units, and projects.
- Teaching socially acceptable behavior.
- Updating parents and guardians on their child’s progress.
- Maintaining records and preparing reports on your students and activities.
- Attending weekly meetings and collaborating with other members of the treatment team.
Unlike other schools, L.I.F.E. Academy maintains a low student to instructor ratio and has extensive support of specialty therapists and behavior analysts.
L.I.F.E. provides a robust benefits package, including:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- 2 Weeks of PTO
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks
- Summer Vacation
- Classroom needs budget
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Performance and longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation activities
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving people with disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center.
- Current Arizona license
- Highly motivated and flexible personality
- Strong desire to teach and learn from peers
- Compassionate and passionate about working with people with disabilities
- CPR/First Aid/Article 9/Fingerprint Clearance
Preferred experience working in special education settings.
Lead Teacher must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay: $32,000 to $57,000/year
Commensurate with experience
Job Status: Full Time