Paraprofessional - Classroom Assistant
Lauren’s Institute for Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving children and adults with developmental disabilities in the East Valley in an all-inclusive pediatric therapy center, day treatment center, and private school. We are currently looking for Paraprofessional, Classroom Assistants that support our mission and vision to treat our clients with love and respect and treat each client as a whole.
If you are a fun-loving, hard-working, compassionate person and are passionate about working with clients with disabilities, we would like to meet you! We are currently interviewing candidates for full-time positions in all levels of experience.
The classroom assistant:
- Is responsible for implementing a variety of interventions designed to maximize the functioning of the student under the direction of the lead teacher. Services may include but are not limited to: academic skills, habilitative therapies, special developmental skills, behavior intervention and sensory-motor development.
- Will perform direct observation and maintain necessary parent contact with families to ensure appropriate delivery of program under the direction of the lead teacher.
- May attend weekly meetings and must be willing to collaborate with other members of the treatment team.
- Must be self-motivated, possess high energy, and good moral character.
- Must be timely with monthly and daily paperwork.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Performs all duties in a safe and prudent manner as directed by the Lead Teacher.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; run; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee must be able to push items of 50 lbs. Such as pushing children on a bike or moving/rearranging furniture.
- Some experience with children with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Experience working in a special education classroom preferred.
- Ability to obtain (or already have) certificates in CPR/First Aid/Article 9/Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
Full-time available: hours range between 7:30am-4:30pm, Mon-Fri., with a minimum of 8 hours a day (most common schedule: 8am-4pm).
At L.I.F.E. we pride ourselves on our robust benefits package:
- 7 Paid Holidays - Following 90-day introductory period
- 2 weeks of PTO - Following 90-day introductory period
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks – Unpaid for first 3 years
- Health | Vision | Dental
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Professional Growth Plans and incentives to put you in charge of your rate
$13.50 and up depending on experience
Pay: from $13.50/hour
Based on Experience
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time,Seasonal