Paraprofessional - Classroom Assistant
Fun-loving, hardworking, compassionate people with a sincere heart for helping people with disabilities and their families should consider a position in our L.I.F.E. Academy as a Paraprofessional at Lauren’s Institute For Education.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our team approach. By combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff, we are able to provide the best possible treatments and education for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the impact they have on those they serve.
As a Paraprofessional working with our students, you can expect a typical day to include:
- Helping students with their academic lessons under the direction of the Lead Teacher.
- Assisting with communication with families.
- Attending collaborative meetings.
- Assisting in transitioning students to different environments (e.g. classroom to playground).
- Assisting with hygiene care.
Unlike other schools, L.I.F.E. Academy maintains a low student to instructor ratio and has extensive support of specialty therapists and behavior analysts.
L.I.F.E. provides a robust benefits package, including:
- 11 Paid Holidays - Following 90-day introductory period
- 2 Weeks of PTO - Following 90-day introductory period
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks – Paid after 3 years
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Professional Growth Plans
- Performance and longevity bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee appreciation activities
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving people with disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center.
Ability to obtain (or already have)
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- CPR and First Aid
- Article 9
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay: from $13.50/hour
Based on Experience
Job Status: Full Time,Seasonal