Fun-loving, hardworking, compassionate people with a sincere heart for helping people with disabilities and their families should consider a position in our L.I.F.E. Summer Program as a Paraeducator at Lauren’s Institute For Education.
At L.I.F.E. we take pride in our team approach. By combining the educational backgrounds and expertise of ALL our staff, we are able to provide the best possible treatments and education for our consumers. All members of our incredible team are valued for who they are and the impact they have on those they serve.
RATE: $17.50 - $20.00 DOE
May 22nd- July 28th 8:30 am-1:30pm
As a Paraprofessional working with our students, you can expect a typical day to include:
- Helping students with their academic lessons under the direction of the Lead Teacher.
- Assisting with communication with families.
- Attending collaborative meetings.
- Assisting in transitioning students to different environments (e.g. classroom to playground).
- Assisting with hygiene care.
Unlike other schools, L.I.F.E. Academy maintains a low student to instructor ratio and has extensive support of specialty therapists and behavior analysts.
Global LIFE Benefits (Center Based):
- Be part of a team with an important mission to help people with disabilities
- Employee Assistance Program (free counseling and other assistance)
- Professional development opportunities
- Inhouse trainings
- Discounts on degrees through partnership with Capella University
- Learn from different disciplines
- Employee appreciation
- Birthday gift, monthly cupcakes for all staff
- Employee of the month for each department. Recognition, gift, personalized parking space for the month
- All staff celebrations (close center, fun staff social activities)
- Free work shirts
- Beautiful 10-acre facility with multiple specialty environments
- Departmental budgets used to buy what staff want (e.g., food, ET, supplies)
Global LIFE Benefits if you extend employment as a Paraeducator for the school year: (center-based)
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of Paid Time Off (3 weeks after completion of 2 years)
- Spring | Fall | Winter breaks (paid after completion of 3 years)
- Health | Vision | Dental
- Wellness Program (stay healthy, earn rewards, discounts on insurance premiums)
- 401K/Roth Retirement Plans
- Performance and attendance bonuses
- Annual longevity bonuses based on organization profitability.
- Partial Paid FMLA
"Improving the quality of life for people affected by disabilities through our specialized, caring, and affordable services."
Lauren’s Institute For Education (L.I.F.E.) is a non-profit organization serving people with disabilities in Gilbert, AZ in an all-inclusive transdisciplinary treatment center.
Ability to obtain (or already have)
- Fingerprint Clearance Card
- CPR and First Aid
- Prevention and Support
- Article 9
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay: $17.50 to $20/hour
Dependent on Experience
Job Status: Full Time,Seasonal